Monday, August 9, 2010

New Purse Love and a Special Birthday

I'm loving the new purse that I bought from World Market. It's from India (yeah, I pretty much love anything from there) and I'm calling it my cafe bag. Perfect for a date night movie, or meeting a friend for a little cuppa.
~~~
My wonderful, loving, Uncle Greg would have been 60 years old yesterday. He was such an amazing person with love for life even in his trials and tribulations. When his tour of duty was done in Vietnam, and gathering at the old swimming hole, a group of friends and him decided to play the 'last one in is a rotten egg!' game. Unfortunately for my Uncle the river was not as deep as it had been the last time leading to an accident that left him a quadriplegic for the rest of his life. But even with this, and surviving well past the years Doctors told him, he always had a smile on his face whenever we would visit. I have so many fond memories of spending the weekend or camping or riding on his lap in his wheelchair, and even though he has been gone for many years now, he is still there, in my heart.
~
Love you forever... Mick the Rat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails