Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Craft Update-Carrots, Pins, & Scarf carry-me-away-id-ness

Fritz and I spent part of the afternoon trying to weather-strip our windows (I wonder if I will save money this winter??) and peeling, cutting, and blanching a BIG bag of carrots to freeze for future yummy-ness. Cooked carrots are so scrumptious! Although, I didn't really think ahead for tonight's dinner. I guess I should have left a pack out. We did cut up quite a few just to snack on, so I can use those. There is something about the winter months, that makes me feel like cooking more. I'm sure it's the heat in the Summer but in the colder months, I feel more adventurous in the kitchen. There is something so wonderful about adding ingredients together to make your eyes close with delight and your mouth water.
On the crafty side of me, it has pretty much been all about scarfs. In the past couple of weeks, I have made almost 5? Can't remember the real number but that seems about right. They seem to be all in shades of olive green and dark aqua blue. I noticed that and knew I needed to correct this, so now I am working on a solid cream sc no fringe scarf. Just something plain, but elegant. I have booked a table at a craft fair on the 4th of December, so I need to really get my butt in gear now. Pricing out things, tagging, and making sure I have enough product!
And up above is a hair pin. I made 3 of these this past summer, and fell in love with how cute they are. A pink one, a tan one and a bright aqua blue one. They all have beads sewn into the middle and all are 'swirls'. On back is a hair clasp sewn on. I want to make a few more and put them in my shop, and someday I will. I swear. No really. I do.

1 comment:

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

I love baking but in south Florida in the summer months? Yeaaah, not happening. Not that it really gets "cold" around here, but I definitely look forward to the cool down for my triumphant return to the kitchen. :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails