Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Having a bit of retro fun.

It's that time of year again! When taking out the lights for our tree, the Hubs put on his puppy dog face and said "Can we use colored lights this year?". Yuck. I hate anything but white lights for my tree. But, I do have to say that the colored lights I got last year for our deck were, well, pretty. Why not for the tree?
~~~

So with colored lights and colored bulbs and hearts, here it is. One retro, rad looking tree.
~~~

And getting out the rest of the decorations, I wasn't feeling the full blown all-Holiday-in-every-corner-of-your-house-decorated thing, so only a few items actually made it out of the boxes. I have to say, it's kind of nice this way. Nice to have a simple Holiday. We won't be traveling, or having a big family dinner with 30+ people, no stresses, just...simple.
~~~

*My Mom has gotten me a Peanuts or Lucy item every Christmas since I was a Junior in High School. The one time you are the Lucy lead in a Charlie Brown musical and you get to be Lucy for life!! But... I love her!!
~~~



I found this night light last year. Could not pass it up. How fun it is to have this little happy Santa glowing every night until Christmas morning.
~~~


And here is the pies de resistance. The family heirloom. The tree in all my Holiday memories. My Grandparents did not have a very large house. It was really very tiny, so with having no room for a live tree, this silver number was purchased and sat in the corner every year behind the front door. There would be lights or decorations and smaller boxes of presents underneath, but with the simple fact that even though they had no room, they made sure they had a tree for those Holiday celebrations with that part of the family.
~~~



And lastly, but the best part of all... Fritz.
~~~
Happy decorating to all!





4 comments:

AKM said...

Your tree is lovely! I love Lucy, too...I'm a bossy older sister myself. ;-) And I LOVE the silver heirloom tree. VERY cool.

Monica said...

Your house looks so pretty and sparkly! I really like your retro tree. And you really can't go wrong with Santa! But the Silver tree is the best. I am sure the memories it brings back are pretty great as well. What a great bonus!

Maria Rose said...

So festive, I love the retro flair...of course!

Maria Rose said...

So festive, I love the retro flair...of course!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails