Thursday, April 9, 2009

Steady of Rain

Tink.. Tinkle... Ah the lovely sounds of a spring rain. I'm a rain girl. Out of all weather conditions rain is my favorite. The smell of an oncoming shower. The first drops to hit the earth. The feel of rain and it's silky smoothness on my skin. The quiet and steady of rain.
------------------
Last night it started. The first musical notes hitting the roof, growing louder to a nice drumbeat. How refreshing to hear this sound after the silence of snow. Would it continue? Falling asleep to the tinkles and tinks I wondered if our town would be out of the woods this late in the year and not be white in the morning.
------------------
Opening my eyes when Fitz came-a-calling for me, the sound was delightfully still there. Below is my world today outside my front door. Hmm... lovely.


1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

I love love love the rain too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails