Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday Craft Update

Finally finished! The silly scarf that I have been working on and off for two weeks is done. The picture below looks more purple colored than the dark blue that the yarn actually is. This one now completes three scarves that are the color of our local University. I thought it would be a good idea to throw some of these into the mix to sell as our town has a very high school spirit. The colors are blue and gold and the three that are completed are all different in their design. I am hoping to make a couple more in these colors and maybe some in the High School colors from the school where the festival will be held.

This next picture isn't a scarf but an ongoing project of mine that I started many, many years ago. This is my leftover yarn blanket. Anytime that a skein has only a little yarn left (or, if I am extremely sick of the color and have no plans for a future project with it) I add those bits to the blanket below. It has gotten quite large over the years but I am sure won't be done for a couple more! So instead of throwing those "little bits" away, I will be able to keep my lap warm in a funky colored blanket.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails