Thursday, May 14, 2009

Catching Up Over Pitchers Of Beer

When I was home for the past weekend I saw an old dear friend of mine. We hadn't seen each other in a couple of years and had lost contact. It was exciting to be reacquainted with somebody whom was a good friend over my high school years. She was down for the day to go to the garage sales that we were putting on. She came to ours and luckily I was at it and not taking care of Fritz at the house! If I had been with Fritz instead of the Hubs I wouldn't have seen her!
----------
We chatted for a few minutes before she left to go to a few more sales. A few hours later she sent me a message that said her husband was coming into town from the city that they live in and would we (the Hubs and me) like to go out for a drink and catch up some more? Since Fritz was born my husband and I have only been alone together for a total of maybe 4 hours. So an evening out would be awesome! Fritz went to bed, my parents stayed home with him, and off we went! I had never met the husband of my friend so it was nice to meet him (luckily the Hubs and her husband hit it off tremendously! The Hubs was nervous that he might be a "dud" and would be bored out of his mind.).
----------
Over pitchers of an awesome beer (I had four glasses plus another kind of beer, and two liquor drinks-surprisingly I never got drunk!) we reconnected with tales of the past and plenty of laughter having a wonderful time. Promises for more get-togethers in the future, it was a fun filled night that we won't forget!

P.S. This is a sad little picture that I took last night. I had a very artsy pic from our empty pitchers and glasses from our outing, but once again, I am a gimp and accidentally deleted all of my wonderful pictures over the past weekend.

5 comments:

Me said...

Aw, that's really cool that you guys got to bump into each other and hang out!
I love just hanging out and reminiscing over some cold ones.

RunwithSticks said...

Sounds like such a fun night out! Too bad about the pictures - I have had that happen to me a couple of times and it drives me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun night! Old friends, nummy beer, and just your sweetie = fun!

Maria Rose said...

Nice! It is always such a relief when husbands get along.

scribbling sassy said...

fun night!it's always nice to meet old friends and do some catching ups! glad you and your hubby had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails