Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Difference of Two Pair

I have an addiction.... shoes. It use to be a serious problem when I was working full-time and would have to dress up with cute clothes and stylish shoes, but now? Not so much. Being a mother 24/7 has left me with no calf muscles to speak of from the days of four inch heels and no need for the new purchases of those "it" shoes. The only real comfort for my feet now are the flip flops busted out even in the winter time. Oh well.
-----------
However, when I saw these black satin shoes calling my name a couple of months ago, I couldn't resist. They are Nine West and were an absolute steal! Of course I don't have a need for them much now, but you never know when a night on the town with out the kid could happen, right?

The more practical side of me was in desperate need of a decent pair of walking shoes. With the glorious weather happening now everyday, my Croc flippers were not cutting it anymore. Last night the Hubs and Fritz and I went off to a sports store to check out if there would be anything worth buying. I haven't had a decent pair of tennis shoes since high school, so with plans to walk a ton this summer I knew it was time to buy. And just like that, and at the first store, I found them. The best part? They were $25 bucks off the price!!!


Yes, my feet are thanking me...



5 comments:

Me said...

Ohh, very cute heels. I've been known to buy shoes for no reason and no for foreseeable reason. Some shoes cannot be resisted!
Good deal with the sneakers too!

RunwithSticks said...

Those black satin shoes are SO cute! And, from what my Mom says, Croc flip flops are the ultimate in comfort. I wouldn't dismiss them so fast.

Christina Lowry said...

I love the black heels. You can wear them around the house, right?

I totally understand. When I was working it was all black pants, Cue tops and gorgeous shoes. I worked right next to Nine West for awhile... dangerous! I still love shoes, and as you have seen, I have brought inappropriate shoes lately too. But I have worn them, and I do have weddings to go to and and and... I just wanted them!
PS. Do you guys have 'Cue' over there? They do the coolest work-ish clothing...
:)

Robin said...

Christina....

Never heard of Cue. I miss dressing up for work sometimes. Now all I wear are jeans and a t-shirt! Boo.

Maria Rose said...

Adorable shoes!

My cure for a shoe obsession is size 12 and no leather.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails